The Early Learning and Child Care Curriculum Framework for New Brunswick values and promotes children's experience of:
- Safe and caring environments where their health, well being, and sense of belonging are protected and nurtured;
- Open and flexible environments where exploration, problem solving, and imagination grow.
- Creativity through play are encouraged and purposefully planned; intellectually, socially, and culturally engaging environments where wide-ranging, communicative practices and literacies are valued and practiced;
- Socially inclusive and culturally and linguistically sensitive environments in which consideration for others and social responsibility are enacted.
- In practice they are in constant interplay, brought to life by communities of adults and children to constitute the curriculum as an organic whole in which early learning and care are inextricably connected.
Individual Learning Stories:
- A collection of items that reveal different aspects of an individual child's growth and development over time.
- Demonstrated through photographs, children's own work, anecdotal and narrative notes, etc.
- Posted images, descriptions and children's work as it pertains to a certain Topic of Investigation.